What does this policy cover?
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the UK’s data protection legislation, which this policy and Quintana’s use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about Quintana’s collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data Quintana holds about you;
- The right to rectification if any personal data it holds about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact Quintana using the details below);
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Quintana to delete any personal data it holds about you (it only holds your personal data for a limited time, as explained below but if you would like it to delete it sooner, please contact Quintana using the details below);
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to Quintana using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any cause for complaint about Quintana’s use of your personal data, please contact the company using the details provided in section 12 and it will do its best to solve the problem for you. If it is unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
What data does Quintana collect?
Depending upon your use of Quintana’s site, we may collect some or all of the following personal (and non-personal) data:
- Business/company name
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- IP address
- Web browser type and version
- Operating system
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this site, and the site you exit to
How does Quintana use your data?
All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Quintana will comply with its obligations and safeguard your rights under the UK’s data protection legislation at all times. For more details on security see below.
Quintana’s use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for its performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to its use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to the Quintana newsletter), or because it is in Quintana’s legitimate interests. Specifically, Quintana may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your access to the site
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on the site
- Replying to emails or queries from you
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted in to you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of any emails Quintana sends you
- Analysing your use of the site [and gathering feedback] to enable Quintana to continually improve its site and your user experience
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, Quintana may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, telephone or post with information, news and offers on its services. It will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that it fully protects your rights and complies with its obligations under the UK’s data protection legislation and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to Quintana using your personal data at any time, and to request that Quintana deletes it.
Quintana does not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following bases):
- IP Address, geographical and non-personally identifiable data is stored for a maximum of 2 years.
How and where does Quintana store your data?
Quintana keeps your personal data for as long as it needs to in order to use it as described above, and for as long as it has your permission to keep it.
- Some or all of your data may be stored outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using the site and submitting information to Quintana. If it does store data outside the EEA, it will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Data security is very important to Quintana, and to protect your data it has taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through this site.
- All non-personally identifiable data is stored with Google and is collected in cookies outlined below.
- All personal data is collected and stored by MailChimp (operated by The Rocket Science Group LLC), that provides mailing services to Quintana so that it can send email communications to you. MailChimp’s servers are located in the United States and in other countries outside the EEA. Mailchimp provides high levels of data protection outlined here: https://mailchimp.com/about/security/.
Does Quintana share your data?
Quintana will not share any of your data with any third parties for any purposes other than outlined in Section 5.
It may compile statistics about the use of its site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. It may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates and partners. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
Quintana may sometimes use third party data processors that are located outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). Where it transfers any personal data outside the EEA, it will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the UK’s data protection legislation.
What happens if the business changes hands?
In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will be given the choice to have your data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
How can you control your data?
You may wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
Your right to withhold information
You may access certain areas of the site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on the site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
How can you access your data?
Under the UK’s data protection legislation, no fee is payable and Quintana will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact Quintana for more details at hello@Quintana.comor using the contact details below.
All cookies used by and on Quintana’s site are used in accordance with current cookie law.
Before cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a Quintana cookie notice requesting your consent to set those cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of cookies you are enabling Quintana to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of cookies; however certain features of the site may not function fully or as intended.
Certain features depend on cookies to function. Cookie law deems these cookies to be “strictly necessary”. Quintana has taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
This site uses analytics services provided by Google. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling Quintana to better understand how the site is used. This, in turn, enables Quintana to improve the site and the services offered through it. You do not have to allow Quintana to use these cookies, however whilst its use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of the site, it does enable Quintana to continually improve the site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
With respect to the Google Analytics cookies, please note that Quintana has entered into a data processing agreement with Google that ensures that the last octet of your IP address is masked when Quintana provides information to Google, that it does not use any other Google services in combination with Google Analytics cookies and that it does not share any data with Google for advertisement purposes. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Contacting Quintana